Trilix is seeking a full-time copy editor with strong writing and editing skills to lead all proofreading and editing efforts for client and internal marketing and communication materials.
This role on Trilix’s Communications team will require impeccable grammar and punctuation knowledge, exceptional writing skills, thorough attention to detail, knowledge of AP style and general marketing knowledge. This role also requires a working knowledge of SEO for digital content optimization and general best practices for writing across common marketing channels.
The ideal applicant will have three plus years prior experience editing communication materials and adhering to writing style preferences and guidelines. Candidate will ensure that all work produced by content writers is polished, structured and adheres to client preferences. This role requires fluid writing and editing styles ranging from creative to highly technical writing. Strong interpersonal skills are necessary as this individual will work with all agency departments to implement needed changes, coach less seasoned writers, ensure accuracy in information and aid in deadline adherence.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Proofreading, restructuring, and editing content, including website copy, news releases, marketing emails, newsletters, blogs, social media content, brochures and sales collateral, display and print ads, analytics reports and more.
- Understanding clients’ writing style preferences, maintaining a written record of those preferences and ensuring adherence in all materials produced.
- Work with content writers to highlight inaccuracies and areas for improvement.
- Work with project managers to ensure all materials are proofread in a timely manner and within deadlines and work continues to flow properly following proofing.
- Optimize content for SEO best practices.
- Write marketing copy on behalf of Trilix and our clients, including blogs, web copy, white papers, bulletins, annual reports, presentations, case studies, bios and more.
- Provide mentorship to peers on writing best practices.
- Understand clients’ style and brand guides, content marketing strategies, tactics and content needs.
- Manage high volume of work and ability to self-manage and prioritize deadlines.
Candidates should have a college degree in English, journalism, communications or related field, or equivalent experience. They should also be detail-oriented, self-motivated, highly organized, collaborative and able to meet tight client-driven deadlines.